Maths' World (SYC)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral

2 posters

向下

Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral Empty Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral

發表  dalcde 周二 7月 06, 2010 8:06 pm

After normal differentiation, we can use integration to retrieve back the original function? After partial differentiation, is it possible to retrieve the original function back? If it is possible, how?

At wikipedia, it is said a multiple integral is "a type of definite integral extended to functions of more than one real variable". Is there another integral which is similar to the multiple integral for indefinite integral? (which I think is the same thing as what I was asking at the first question)
dalcde
dalcde
Admin

文章數 : 58
注冊日期 : 2010-06-01
來自 : Somewhere

回頂端 向下

Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral Empty 回復: Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral

發表  clovis_szeto 周二 7月 06, 2010 11:10 pm

HAHA, you better don't talk about it in M1, otherwise my students will feel confused on what they have learnt....HAHA

For the 1st question, After normal differentiation, we can use integration to retrieve back the original function?
--> the answer is no
as you know if the dy/dx=f(x) then y= integrate f(x) +C <-- there will be a constant behind, which may translate the curve upwards and downwards, but it will not be the same function.

2nd question:After partial differentiation, is it possible to retrieve the original function back? If it is possible, how?
Answer:
As some people don't know what's meant by partial differentiation, so if you would like to know, you can take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partial_derivative,
The following is just my opinion, i haven't proved it
for a function z=f(x,y), if you get both the derivative with respect to x and y, then you can find a similar figure (3D), but still you can't find the exact figure, the same reason as q1, there are 2 constants created by in x and in y.

question3: HAHA, i haven't heard about it ......

clovis_szeto

文章數 : 60

回頂端 向下

Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral Empty 回復: Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral

發表  dalcde 周四 7月 08, 2010 9:03 pm

Thanks. By the way, what is Partial Differentiation and Multiple Integral Imagepj
dalcde
dalcde
Admin

文章數 : 58
來自 : Somewhere

回頂端 向下

發表  clovis_szeto 周四 7月 08, 2010 10:24 pm

you can't integrate it, can't find the answer!!!

Actually you can differentiate nearly all the function, but the reverse case is totally different!!

clovis_szeto

文章數 : 60

回頂端 向下

回頂端

這個論壇的權限:
無法 在這個版面回復文章